31.5.13

Summer Glow Series: Highlighters

Today I'm starting a new series of posts all about my favourite summer products for a fresh, glowing look.  Recently, I posted about my Sunny Day Cosmetics Essentials so these posts are going to be along the same lines, but a bit more detailed to give you all some more options.  
I'm starting with my favourite highlighters because they really are the quickest, easiest way to add that little something extra to make you look fresh and glowing.


It was difficult for me to limit it to five as my love for highlighting products runs quite deep but here we are:

MAC MSF Lightscapade

This is a great cool, pearly highlight that I think would be quite similar to Benefit's Moonbeam.  Although I've had this one for quite a while now, you can see it doesn't appear to be over-used.  That's not because I don't like it but more because a little bit of the product is all you need to get a great highlight.


MAC Beauty Powder in Play it Proper

I bought this when it was part of the Chenman collection at MAC last year, but it looks like it is still sold (at least on the website).  This highlighter looks more like a blush but the pink pigment does not really transfer onto the skin.  It is more of a slightly pink-toned pearly shimmer.


Dior Shimmerstar Amber Diamond

You can read my ode to this glorious highlighter here.



CoverFX RadiantFX Luminescent Powder in Platinum

This is quite an interesting product.  I would almost describe it as a blush/bronzer/highlighter in one as it has pink, bronze, and shimmery tones without being too much of one or the other.  It definitely is not overly-pigmented but a little goes an extremely long way as it has very high shimmer.  I (very self-sacrificially) posted a photo of me wearing it so you can see the look.  Please ignore the messy bun, dopey smile and my eyebrows (this was a couple years ago).




Benefit High Beam

Obviously, this product is massively popular so I'll try to keep it short.  I love the versatility that comes with a liquid highlight- it's easy to use not only on the cheekbones but on the browbones, cupid's bow and really anywhere else you want to highlight.  The pink tones allow for a very natural looking pearly glow.

That's it for highlighters but stay tuned for my foundation favourites coming soon!
What are your favourite highlighting products?
Kendall
x

No comments:

Post a Comment