12.6.13

Summer Glow Series Part II: Bases


This part of the Summer Glow series is focusing on my favourite bases for a luminous, natural look.  

I love these foundations because they are light, luminous and dewy and still offer a decent level of coverage.
(L-R): Urban Decay Naked Skin Liquid Makeup in 0.5Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in (110) Ivory, L'Oreal True Match Lumi in W1-2*, Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in (100) Ivory
*Though I loved the finish and coverage of L'Oreal True Match Lumi, I think one of the ingredients in it might have caused me to break out, so I could avoid this one if you're sensitive.





Before I apply my foundation, no matter which one I choose, I always start with a combination of Clarins Instant Light Complexion Perfector (00) Rose Shimmer and Elizabeth Arden Visible Skin Difference Skin Balancing Lotion for Combination Skin (what a mouthful!).  Sometimes I will add a bit of primer to the mix and maybe even a few drops of foundation for a light, "home made tinted moisturizer".


Lately I have been loving these two concealing products to bring a bit of extra light to the under-eye area.  Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser (Fair) and Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer (Very Fair) and both tried-and-true favourites for many people in the beauty world.  I'm currently testing a couple of higher-end options but as far as drug store products go, these are difficult to beat.

I hope you've enjoyed part two of my favourite products for achieving a glowing look.  I'm sorry it was interrupted for a while but I was actually away for a week.  On the bright side, I brought back quite a few cool American products to share with you so stay tuned for a haul post or two in the near future!
Kendall
x

No comments:

Post a Comment