2.3.13

A Bit of Brightness: New Clarins Purchases

If you're anything like me, this is usually the point of the year where you start getting a bit restless and eager for spring and summer; that feeling that it's just around the corner is starting to build.
In the hopes of making my skin a little more luminous to suit this frame of mind, I stopped by my local Clarins counter to try out a couple of their Instant Light products.


I realize that these products are already cult favourites, but they just fit so well with that luminous and light makeup look that reminds me of summer so I figured I would toss my two cents in as well.

I picked up the Natural Light Enhancing Lip Perfector in 01 (there's a mouthful) last month, wrote a bit about it in my last I was bad post and have been so in love with it since.  Now, I am not picky when it comes to lipgloss.  As long as it's not insanely sticky, I will probably be willing to give it a try, especially on those low maintenance days (I've been having a lot of those lately). Generally I don't notice too much difference in glosses but holy moly.  I am so in love with this one that I have to restrain myself from using it every day.  It's not sticky, it lasts a decent amount of time, smells nice, and looks absolutely gorgeous on the lips. I could probably rave about this for days so I'm going to cut it off here but even though this isn't the cheapest of gloss options, I truly believe it's worth it.  I know they are coming out with a few new colours for spring which I can't wait for!


Natural Light Enhancing Complexion Perfector
(On right side of my arm)

It's difficult to describe exactly what it is about this product that just adds that little extra to your look but the result is a glow that makes you look lit from within.  It doesn't have any noticeable glitter or even shimmer.  In the light, it plays off the skin to add a bit of reflectiveness without being shiny.
You can also use this shade to lighten a foundation that is a bit too dark, like a shade that suits your skin better in the summer.  
I know in the winter, it's easy to feel like your skin looks dull, causing your makeup routine to feel a little ho hum.  I would highly recommend giving this one a try to get that (word of the day) luminous finish.  I mix a little bit with my foundation and I've been so happy with the result.

I'd love to hear your thoughts about these products, or anything else that helps brighten up your late winter/early spring makeup routine!
Kendall
x

No comments:

Post a Comment