16.3.13

Products I've Used Up

To mark this lovely Saturday, I thought I'd show you all some nice empty containers.  Beautiful, I know.

I've been exercising my hoarding tendencies by hanging on to a couple empty containers to remind myself to either get around to making this post or re-purchasing a few of them.  I'm not the best at throwing things out.

Makeup

From L-R: Makeup Forever HD Foundation in 110, Makeup Forever HD Primer in 1, Boots No7 Lash Adapt Mascara, NYC Liquid Liner

Now my feelings for the Makeup Forever foundation have reeeaaaally ebbed and flowed.  When I first bought it, I thought it was my HG foundation.  I bought it in early fall, when I still had the lingerings of a tan and winter dryness hadn't caused any flakiness or dry patches (gorgeous I know). If your skin isn't too dry, this foundation really is beautiful.  So beautiful that when I had almost used up my first bottle, I bought a second (it took almost a year to use up).  Now however, my new bottle has barely been used in the few months since I bought it.  Even though I have it in the lightest shade available, at the moment it's looking a tiny bit too dark and orange, not to mention it is clinging to dry patches and making it look cakey.  Which is pretty much the opposite of what this foundation is supposed to do.  Maybe I've just become more picky, and I'm sure I'll get more use in later spring and in summer but right now I'm kind of regretting re-purchasing.  Right now, there are other foundations that I'm loving waaaay more.

Now after that novel I just wrote about Makeup Forever foundation, I have nothing but good things to say about their primer.  It's super light, has never caused any problems with my sensitive skin and it's great at neutralizing redness (which I have a good deal of). I have also re-purchased this and probably will continue to do so. I know it's not really as much of a cult favourite as, say, Smashbox Photofinish or Benefit Porefossional but I just don't enjoy the way they feel on my skin (and break me out).

Boots Lash Adapt Mascara is my favourite mascara ever.  Unfortunately, I have no way of getting it in Canada though.  I picked it up while in London about two years ago, fell in love and suffered withdrawal when I finally ran out. Lucky for me though, I got to spend a bit of time in London again last summer and during that time I bought a ton of it so I still have some left.  This doesn't seem to be a super popular mascara amongst beauty bloggers but I think it does everything. It lengthens, separates, and provides great volume. Not to mention, you can layer it like nobody's business.  If anybody knows of a way I could somehow get this product in Canada (online, in-store, whatever) I would be so grateful.

I'm not going to spend a lot of time talking about my NYC Liquid Liner because I've already had a little love-fest about it before.  It's a pretty basic liner but the colour payoff is great and I love the brush applicator.

Hair


Redken Smooth Lock Intensive Rinse out Treatment is something I'm on the fence about.  I'd heard great things about it so I was expecting great results.  I did find that my hair was softer after using it (if I'd kept it in my hair for about 20 minutes) but I don't think it made my hair look less damage or protect against future damage.  Overall, it's a nice product, but I'll probably try a few other hair treatments before I re-purchase.

Oscar Blandi Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray is the best dry shampoo ever.  I find spray dry shampoos either run out super fast (like 2-3 uses which really gets my goat) or make my hair feel sticky, tangled and disgusting.  However this one does exactly what I dry shampoo should.  It absorbs oil, adds body, and doesn't make my hair feel like it's full of gunk.  I've been experimenting with other brands as this one is quite expensive but I'll probably end up going back to it as it's also lasted longer than the others I've tried.

I talked about Moroccan Oil Light in my Curly Hair Problems post and it is basically a staple in my haircare routine.  It leaves hair smooth and smelling great, plus it was designed to cut down on blow-dry time.  I will definitely be re-purchasing.

You've probably noticed I also have an empty mini bottle of Bioderma but really, it's Bioderma.  It's awesome.  I showed you all in my last I Was Bad post that I managed to pick up more of this, so I'm quite a happy little camper.

I hope you're all having an awesome Saturday and that this post was somewhat helpful to anyone wanting to try any of these products.
Kendall
x

2 comments:

  1. good job on finish up so many products! i love looking at 'empties' posts and finish products. makes me feel good about owning so many lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha it is gratifying to actually get things finished, I have way too many products just lying around- must try not to buy more before I'm finished what I've got!

      Delete