27.4.13

Drug Store BB Creams Part Two: L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier





Happy Saturday!
A few weeks ago, I reviewed a couple drugstore BB creams (you can check that out here).  During the process, I admitted that I haven't been the biggest fan of BB creams thus far, but Revlon's offering was able to tick the most boxes.  Recently, L'Oreal products were on sale at my local Walmart (sale items shouldn't count during a spending ban!) so I thought I'd give their Magic Skin Beautifier a try.  I've only used it a few times now so this will be more of a first impressions post.
The first thing that I noticed is that the packaging seems to be designed in a way that implies a little goes a long way (very narrow nozzle, thick product).  However, I find it doesn't spread as far as you'd think.  It starts off white, then adjusts to your skin tone, which I have to say works quite well even on my very fair skin.  The finish feels very powdery, verging on dry-  probably why it doesn't spread as far as some other BB creams.
The coverage is extremely sheer, in fact I think it works best under a foundation.  It does somehow make your skin look better but it doesn't do a great job of covering redness, evening skin tone or masking blemishes.  I think it would be a great first step in a foundation routine.
All in all, I'm still feeling a bit iffy.  Thankfully, summer is around the corner, meaning I'll likely be reaching for this type of product: light coverage with a powdery finish.  If you like a bit more coverage from your BB cream or have very dry skin, I'd give this one a miss.  However, if you're looking for a bit of extra "beautifying" in your foundation routine, or just feel like your skin needs that something extra, you could do a lot worse.

Have you tried this or any other drugstore BB creams? Thoughts?
Kendall
x

No comments:

Post a Comment