19.4.13

Everyday Luxury: Rouge Coco Shine






Happy Weekend!
Sadly, the past two weeks have been a little bit tragic in terms of my blog.  As I've mentioned in the posts I've managed to get out, with the end of the semester happening, I've been extremely busy with school.  Thankfully, the end is near and I only have one more final which means I should be back to posting more frequently very soon!  Unfortunately, I've also begun a little spending ban as a friend and I have decided to take a road trip to the States a little later this summer.  But that means I'll have some pretty big haul posts coming up after as I'm pretty much saving up so I can buy all of Ulta while I'm away.
Anyway, this lack of time and money has caused me to do a lot of "shopping the stash" recently, meaning I've re-discovered a few awesome products.  The first of which is Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in (54) Boy.  This is a beautiful everyday lip colour- definitely a my lips but better product.  I actually picked this up while in London almost two years ago, thought it was beautiful, then stashed it away.  I recently uncovered it and have been wearing it like mad.  I think it looks gorgeous with a neutral or metallic smokey eye.
I'm also really loving the formula.  It's super moisturizing with a high shine finish.  I would compare it to the Sheer Candy line of YSL lipsticks.  The packaging is classic Chanel- very elegant and simple.
The only thing that isn't fantastic is the colour payoff.  As you can see from the swatch on my wrist, it is quite sheer.  However, it does say "hydrating sheer lipshine" right on the packaging so if you are looking for something a bit more pigmented, I might try something else.  I personally find that with a quick swipe, you get a nice flush of glossy colour that is so easy to wear.

Have any of you tried this formula before? What do you think?
Kendall
x

No comments:

Post a Comment