3.4.13

March Favourites


This month I've been really into mixing up my makeup routine so I thought I'd share some of the things that have stuck.  A few of these products have been sitting in my makeup collection without ever really being given a chance.  Unsurprisingly, I've done posts about many of the items in this month's favourites so I will link those if you want more information about a specific product.  Enjoy!

Lips
If you've been reading my blog you'll probably know that the past week has been rather lip-focused for me.  Every one of my favourites for lips this month has made it into one of my recent three lip product posts so I'll link them accordingly
Just generally, I've been loving pink and coral lipsticks with a fiery passion.

Eyes
To be honest, I've been pretty lazy with my eye look this month.  I've been loving just a quick swipe of MAC Paint Pot (Vintage Selection) with some liquid liner and a mascara.  I've also been using Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara every day and still loving it.
Finally, I've been experimenting with using blue eyeliner.  I've used Rimmel ScandalEYES Water-proof Kohl Kajal (008) Light Blue on my lower waterline or Sephora Flashy Liner Waterproof (08) Flashy Blue on the top or bottom lash line (not both at the same time though!).  If you're using it on your top lash line, I suggest you layer it over a white liner so you get more of the true colour.  If you guys are interested in seeing some of these blue liner looks, let me know in the comments!



Face
I have been using the blush/bronzer duo of Benefit's Hoola Bronzer (which I hauled here) and MAC MSF Stereo Rose.  Honestly, I jumped on the stereo rose bandwagon, tried it once and decided it was too pigmented.  Later, when I got really into coral lips, I decided to try it again as it's a colour that compliments coral and pink lips beautifully.  It takes a little bit of blending and a very light hand but I'm so glad I gave this one another chance. The coral tone and gold veining are going to be even more beautiful in the sumer.

Benefit Hoola


MAC MSF Stereo Rose

Body
Now I know I've spoken about this many a time but I am a very pale person.  And normally, I'm fine with that.  But when spring rolls around, I find myself wishing I had even a hint of a healthy glow.  Being allergic to the sun is not exactly helpful on that front (not to mention the other health risks caused by tanning) so sometimes I need a little outside help.  If you are just diving into the world of self tanners, I would definitely recommend Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer Firming. It builds gradually so if you make a mistake, it's not going to be glaringly obvious.  Plus it actually does an amazing job of moisturizing and firming the skin so your skin looks better all around.  I used it before I went on a holiday for about a week (every other night or so) and it lasted a good 4-5 days of swimming and sunning before it faded.  The only real disadvantage is the smell is quite strong, though I've seen they now have an odourless formula. 
Make sure you wash your hands very well after use!

Other
When it comes to candles (and everything else), I love fresh, fruity and floral scents.  I absolutely hated shopping for candles in the fall and winter because it was such a struggle to find scents that were seasonally appropriate and didn't smell terrible to me.  First world problem, I know.
Anyway, now that spring has rolled around, I'm back in full candle-excitement mode and my new favourite is Bath & Body Works Market Peach.  I'm terrible at describing scents but this is just perfect. Yum.

I hope you guys have enjoyed reading about what I've been loving this month, I know there are a lot of these posts floating around but I personally can't get enough of them! I'm still playing with the format (Eg do I want to do monthly, every couple weeks, etc) so I'll probably be playing around with different types of posts for the next little while.
What are your favourite products this month?
Kendall
x

1 comment:

  1. great favourites! I also love Benefit's Hoola, it's a great bronzer :)

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete