28.4.13

Maybelline Master Duo Eyeliner




Hi guys, hope your weekend is going well!
If you've been following me for a little while, you'll probably be familiar with my love of NYC liquid liner (NOT the felt tip, the brush tip one). Recently, I decided to branch out a little bit and picked up a few other drugstore options to test out.  One that intrigued me the most was Maybelline Master Duo Eyeliner.  Offered in a fairly wide range of colours, the claim is that the unique shape of the applicator allows for both thin, precise lines and thick, dramatic ones. The applicator looks somewhat like a flat circle with the thin edge designed for thin lines (what a surprise) and the circle-y bit for thicker lines.  

First off, it's very important that you shake the product well before you use it.  I'm not used to that, meaning my first real try with the liner ended up very watery and weird.  Once I bothered to actually read the bottle and gave it a good shake, I noticed the product was actually still quite thin and liquidy, but the pigment was much better.  This liner gives a patent shine finish with a relatively intense black.  Once it dries, this stuff will not move until you take to it with makeup remover.  This is a big plus for me as I do occasionally forget I'm wearing makeup and give my eyes a rub so it's great to have a liner that stays in place.  When you do remove it, it kind of peels/flakes off which is a bit different. The removal process takes a bit longer than most other liquid liners as well. I didn't notice a lot of flaking while I was wearing it though.
As for the applicator, I really do like the idea and with a little practice, you can get quite a precise line going.  As expected, I find the wide end a little more difficult to get a clean line with.  The spongy tip does mean that you can get quite close to the lash line and between the lashes pretty well.
I find you can get a very nice look by using the thin side in the inner half, then transitioning to the thicker side for the outer half.  This will give you the classic feline look in no time.

Overall, I think it offers something a little bit different than other liners I've tried but I think I'm going to keep experimenting before I re-purchase.
Kendall
x

No comments:

Post a Comment